Software: Intuit QuickBooks
The QuickBooks 2013 systems requirement (Last updated: Nov 06, 2012, Article ID: INF20681) mentioned that the Operating Systems Supported for QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2013 are:
- Windows 7, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Vista (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows XP (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2008, Small Business Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003, including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows: natively installed Windows 7 or Vista with UAC on, XP (SP2 or later), Windows Server 2008 or 2003, Small Business Server 2008
Note: Windows Home Server Edition is not supported.
Check the latest update on systems requirement from:
So what does “natively installed” means?
Natively installed means it is installed on a particular system or environment that it is designed for. This also means that it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
More information: http://dataservices.intuit.com/Support/Articles/INF22456
Sometime you may manage to install the QuickBooks program in a non-supported environment, but it may cause data corruption in a later stage.
So, is QuickBooks supported in a Virtual Environment?
No, QuickBooks is not supported in a virtual environment.